Sunday 5 March 2017

February Wrap Up

We've have finally reached the end of the second month of the year, and for once I am so happy that we are nearly into March as I am so desperate for winter to be over.  For me, this month also seemed to go alot slower than January, and whilst I am still surprised that we are already in March, I am quite ready for a new month of reading to start.  This month was actually almost a flip of my reading in January, as whilst I did manage to read more than I did last month, unfortunately I wasn't in love with absolutely everything I read this time.  Nonetheless, I am really happy with just how much more I have been reading this month, especially how much more regularly I have been picking up my book compared to the how little I have been in the last couple of months.  Anyway, here are all the four books I managed to read this book.  And so, enjoy!  







 After reading so much fantasy over the past few months, I decided that I needed a little break and so choose to pick up this contemporary that I have needed to read for so long now.   This book follows our main character of Min as she recites the course of her and Ed's relationship through a box full of items all relating to their time together and all with a story attached to them.  As I have owned this book for so long now, I was slightly worried that I wouldn't enjoy it as I wasn't as excited about picking it up as I would have been had I read it earlier.  However, luckily this one completely surprised me with how much I really loved it, with the story and writing drawing me in and gripping me straight away.  I adored how in depth and how personal the writing made this book feel, with it all seeming so realistic, something which made this book even more heartbreaking and emotive.  

Rating - 4.75/5







After reading Why We Broke Up, I was officially back into contemporary and knew there was no chance I was going to pick up anything else as my next read.  This was never a book that I actually imagined I would ever get round to reading, as it didn't sound like a book I would particularly enjoy or would ever be particularly interested in, but somehow I did end up picking it up earlier this month after I heard that is has been turned into a movie that is coming out later this year and after my sister told me that there is a huge plot twist in this book, which anyone who knows me knows is exactly what you say if you want me to read a certain book.  This book follows our main character of Madeline who has SCID and for 18 years has never even left her house when Olly and his family move in next door.  Whilst I didn't love every aspect of this book, I have to admit that I absolutely adored the cute romance that was a key focus of this story, as well as the shocking plot twist that I was not in a million years expecting.  

Rating - 3/5 






 As I said earlier, I have been really struggling with the grey, cloudy and just down right miserable weather right now, and so in my desperation for a little bit of sun I decided that if I couldn't physically get away for a bit, then I could at least try and escape to somewhere warm and sunny through a book.  This story focuses on two brothers who are tricked by their parents into going on holiday to Italy together in an attempt to strengthen their relationship.  My favourite thing about this book was definitely the characters of Elijah and Danny, because as the book focused so hugely on these two, we got to see so many different sides of them and see them both develop as people throughout this fairly short novel.  I also loved how flawed they both were, with there being points for both of them where I loved them and where I really disliked them.  I also adored the gorgeous setting of this, and loved how we got to see the pair travel the city throughout this book.  

Rating - 3.5/5 






Finally, I actually ended up reading this this one quite spontaneously, as I had heard some really good things about it from different people and so thought I might as well give it a go.  This book tells the story of Griffin as he both grieves for his best friend and ex-boyfriend Theo whilst also recounting the course of their relationship together.  I honestly can't tell you how glad I am that I decided to give this one a go, as I ended up absolutely adoring everything about it.  I loved how personal it felt with Griffin as the narrator, as well as the huge contrast between the events happening in his recounts of the past and the reality of the present.  One moment you were reading about the joy and excitement of first love and the next you were thrust back into the tragedy of Griffin having to figure out how to move on with his life without Theo.  It was just so beautifully written and such a beautiful story with characters that had flaws and weren't perfect but we're entirely realistic.  

Rating - 5/5 



What books did you read this month?  Which was your favourite out of the books you read? 





No comments:

Post a Comment