Tuesday 24 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday Seventy Two

Top Ten Favourite Ships from books I read in the last year or so

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/ meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This weeks topic was actually a freebie and so I choose to redo a topic that I did as TTT quite a while ago now - my favourite OTPS!  Since I have already done this topic, I decided that instead of doing my all time favourite ships, I would share some of my more recent ones, and so this there are a fair few of my favourites missing here.  These ships are also not all canon, and some of these series I have yet to finish, but nonetheless, here are some of my favourite ships from books I've read in the last year or so.  And so, enjoy!  




Despite so many of my reasons for loving this series not being associated with the romance, its safe to say I still ship these two pretty damn hard.  One thing I am definitely into is two characters who slowly but truly fall for each other which is definitely the case here, and honestly they just care for each other so much but are still both so strong both individually and as a team.  


Through all the action and events that take place throughout these books, one thing that is always is apparent is the complex relationship between these two.  They go from almost rivals to friends but it takes alot for them to trust each other despite going through so much together but in the end I truly believe these two are meant to be together.  




I have shipped so many of Amanda Hocking's characters throughout her books, but these two are definitely one of my favourites.  I think I honestly just adore how normal they are and how much they love each other without drama and how truly happy they are!  


I don't know whether its more simply my love for the character of the Darkling or whether I just really think these two fit together well, but either way these two more than definitely belong together in my mind. 



As much as Magnus and Alec will always and forever by my all time OTP, recently in the last few books I can't help but begin to really ship these two as well.  I just love how open and caring she can be towards Simon and how she really does truly care for him as much as he does for her.  


Okay, so I have only managed to read the first book, The Raven Boys, in this series so far, but already I can safely say that I am desperate for Blue and Gansey to get together.  Not only do I love the idea of their almost deadly and fated relationship but I also just love the dynamics between them as well! 



From one of my favourite books comes one of my favourite pairings in the form of these two.  I just adore how different they seem at first but then how slowly as each of them is stripped back we get to see their similarities and how well they work together.  

Whilst reading this first book in the series, I had a huge debate with myself over who I shipped Celaena with until around halfway through the book when I realised that as much as I adore Dorian so much as a character, in my mind Celaena and Chaol just fit so well together and have a lot more in common, although we'll have to wait and see how a feel a little further into this series! 



Finally, these two were a pair that I shipped from almost the moment the book started, with their friendship something I couldn't wait to see turn into something more! 





Do you ship any of these couples as well?  Who are some of your OTPs?






4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a list! And beautiful photos, too. I haven't read any of these, but several are on my TBR.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT. I hope you're having a great week! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely recommend all of these books, and hope you enjoy them if you read them :)

      Delete
  2. I will ALWAYS Ship Nix and Kash. OMGOSH, I can't wait to read The Ship Beyond Time next month and see what happens. Also did you also find it off that Blake goes with them on the ship? It potentially sets up a love triange??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so excited for it to be released at last and yeah definitely agree as I was really not a fan of him and so am really badly hoping that somehow there won't be a love triangle in the second book!

      Delete