Sunday 30 October 2016

October Wrap Up

As I seem to say every month, October is somehow already over, with November now just a couple of days away and the end of the year now even closer.  This month, I once again tried to finally make my way out of this never-ending reading slump, and whilst I think I definitely have been reading a lot more, and definitely alot more regularly than I was.  Unfortunately, that does still mean that this wrap up is not huge, as I only managed to read two books this month, but I was still pretty happy with my reading this month, as I really enjoyed everything I did manage to get round to.



Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas - 

Firstly, I finally managed to pick this one up this month, and honestly am so glad I did as it became my first five star read since the summer.  This book follows Celaena Sardothien, a notorious assassin as she chosen to become the prince's champion in a tournament to become the king's champion and win back her freedom.  I loved absolutely every aspect of this book, from the beautiful writing to the fast-paced plot and complex characters that I adored.  It's safe to say I am really excited to continue on with this series, and wouldn't be surprised if I picked up the second pretty soon.

Rating - 5/5 



The Last Star by Rick Yancey

After Throne of Glass, I decided that it was finally time to finish this series, after this was another book I have been meaning to get round to for a good while now.  I am always putting off the end of series because I just don't want them to end, so I'm really happy that I actually picked this one up.  Unfortunately, I do still have currently have around 50 pages left of this one, but so far I am absolutely loving it and can't wait to see what happens in the final few pages. 

Rating - 4.5/5 (so far) 


How many books did you get round to this month?  Which was your favourite?  
Have you read any of these - what did you think?  




No comments:

Post a Comment