Tuesday 5 July 2016

Top Ten Tuesday Fifty Eight

Top Ten Books I enjoyed that have under 10,000 ratings on Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This weeks topic was actually books that have under 2,000 ratings on goodreads, but as I could find very few when I searched my Goodreads read list, I decided instead to change it to 10,000 ratings.  I know this is a little higher, and some of these are probably not as underrated as others, but I knew that any smaller and I wouldn't be able to recommend some amazing books that, for me anyway, are still pretty underrated.  And so, enjoy!  



1) Night Owls by Jenn Bennett - 

This is the most recent of my underrated reads, and is one I'm really glad I read.  It's a great little contemporary romance that has a storyline I really enjoyed and so I would definitely recommend reading this.  

2) Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher - 

I picked this one up sometime last year and really enjoyed it, especially how unique a format it had as it is all told in letters.  It's such a good story that takes so many different courses and is a great contemporary that's a little different to your usual romance.


3) Numbers 2: The Chaos by Rachel Ward - 

Despite the first book in this series having over 10,000 ratings and so not being as underrated, I honestly think that this trilogy as a whole is one that I haven't heard much about and so definitely needs more people to read it.  This second one in particular, which I enjoyed just as much as the first, if not more, is sure to be underrated for whatever reason as it has no where near as many ratings and so definitely deserves more people to check out this fantastic series.  

4) The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig - 

When I was searching through my read list on goodreads for this TTT, I was actually incredibly surprised this one had so few ratings, as personally I know I had heard things about this one online before I picked it up.  But nonetheless, this is such an amazing time travel novel that has some gorgeous settings, characters and is just so addicting and a great read 

5) The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - 

This one is by far one of my favourite books and so I can't understand why this one doesn't have more ratings!  It's such a beautifully written story with such a good plot and it's definitely needs more people to read and love it! 



6) Frostfire by Amanda Hocking - 

I've always been an Amanda Hocking fan, so in all honesty I'm not sure if I would have ever picked this up had this not been the case.  It also then seems to weird how few ratings this book has compared to one of her other series, despite the fact that I enjoyed this series just as much as that one, so this one definitely needs more reads, especially if you need a fast paced fantasy. 

7) The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough - 

If I could only recommend you to go and read one of these underrated books, this would hands down be the one I would urge you to give a go as soon as humanly possible.  It was easily my favourite book of last year, and can't believe more people haven't checked out the beauty that is this book yet!  



8) We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach - 

If you are looking for a good contemporary, then this one definitely hits all the marks.  Not only does it focus on our characters as they have to face the possibility of the impending end of the world, but it also has some great subplots and character development, and is just overall an amazing read!

9) The Originals by Cat Patrick

I still can't believe more people have yet to read Cat Patrick's books, especially this one which is the least well-known of the three I have read of hers.  Not only does this book have a really interesting plot premise, but it is also super fast paced and addicting, and I can guarantee that anyone will fly through this one in no time at all.


What are some of your underrated book recommendations?  Have you read any of these - what did you think? 


*

2 comments:

  1. I love ALL of Cat Patrick's books. They all have such interesting premises. It is weird that they haven't gotten much attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear someone else loves them as much as me! Definitely agree, they all have such unique concepts and I just wish more people knew about them and read them!

      Delete