Tuesday 5 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday Thirty Three

Top Ten Books I resolve to read in 2016

Top ten tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This week, I decided to interpret the topic into ten books I resolve to read this year, as I have very few actual bookish/ blogging resolutions other than to just keep up with both.  And so, here are some of the books I am determined to read in 2016 - enjoy! 



1) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I recently picked this one up after hearing about it and being intrigued by it for so long beforehand.  I have just heard so many people raving about this that I really would like to get to it some time this year.  
*
2) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare - I started this series about two years ago now, and so I am determined to finally finish it this year. 
*
3) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - This another book which I have heard nothing but good things about, and so I would really like to read it for myself, especially as the series is not complete yet.  
*
4) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - As the film is coming out later this year, this one is a must read for me as not only am I interested in the plot, but I also like to read books before the movie.
*  
5) Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking - Another series I want to finish this year, however with this one I only have the last book in the series left to read, and so I think I can finish this one fairly easily.  



6) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - This one has been sitting on my shelf for about a year now, and I really don't want to leave it there, unread, for another.  I know that so many people love this book, and so I really need to get round to it, especially after the release of Carry On.
*  
7) A Gathering Darkness by Jennifer Donnelly - I can't even remember how long ago I brought this, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the oldest books on my shelf that I haven't read yet, and so I would really like to change that by the end of the year.  



8) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - I actually tried to read this one some time last year, but only got around 100 pages in before I gave up simply because I wasn't in the mood to read at all.  I would really like to pick this one up again this year as I know it's not a bad book and will probably enjoy it, I just need to give it another go. 
 *
9) Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling - Last year, despite being determined to read most of the Harry Potter series in 2015 alone, I only actually read the first one, and that was all the way back in January.  I really do want to read this series, but I just need to pick up the books and read them as otherwise I will never get round to reading one of the biggest, if not the biggest, series there is.  
*
10) An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - Finally, this is another which I have tried to read several times before, but have never got passed halfway.  It is the last John Green book I have to read, and for someone who doesn't like giving up on books anyway, I seriously just need to pick this up again.  

*

4 comments:

  1. I hope you manage to get to all of these this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS to Throne of Glass! The first two books aren't GREAT, but the latest two are epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good to know! I'm someone who always has to finish a series anyway, so it's great to know it get better.

      Delete