Tuesday 22 September 2015

Top Ten Tuesday Eighteen

Top Ten Books on my Autumn TBR

Top ten tuesday is a weekly meme/ feature hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  This weeks topic was one I was actually quite looking forward to as it both allowed me to organize my reading plans and get me excited about reading these books whilst still creating a blog post!  So, without further ado, here are the books that I am planning to read throughout the season of Autumn: 


1) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - This one has been sitting on my shelf for far too long, and honestly I don't know why I have yet to pick it up since I'm actually quite excited to read it - putting it straight to the top of the list of books I want to read this Autumn.
  
2) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Despite only picking this up a couple of weeks ago, I have never actually read a classic outside of school, so I would love to finally read one of my own accord.  


3) To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Another which I just need to read simply for how long it has been sitting on my shelves.  

4) The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne - I have actually already this one, but would love to reread it as I don't remember a ton and what I do likely come from the film rather than the actual book.  


5) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - I attempted to read this one earlier on in the year whilst in a reading slump, and so never got further than a 100 pages in, but I would like to give it another shot soon when I am in a better reading mood.  

6) Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher - I read My Sister lives on the Mantlepiece earlier this year, and really enjoyed it, so I am quite excited to read another by her, especially as the summary of this one draws me in even more.  


7) Lament by Maggie Stiefvater - This is another one that I would like to reread as once again I don't remember a ton and so would like to see if it is worth remembering.  

8) A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly - I first picked this one up around a year ago,  or maybe even longer before that, but only got to chapter two, so I really do think that this one more of a chance than that.  

2 comments:

  1. Code Name Verity was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one I really do need to read soon! Hope you enjoy it when you get round to it.

      Delete