Tuesday 16 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday Six

Top Ten Books I Read in 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme by The Broke and Bookish and this weeks topic is top ten books I have read in the last year.  I'll admit - I haven't been the best at reading this year... I don't know why, but looking back, I seem to not have read as much as I thought I have.  Despite this though, I did still read quite a few good books, so here are my top ten from the last 12 months:


1) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I only recently read this, but I really enjoyed it, as it gave me a lighter romantic read, but whilst still being a good one!


2) Insurgent by Veronica Roth - I read all three books in the Divergent trilogy before the first movie came out in April, and, despite a lot of people disagreeing, Insurgent was my favourite book out of all of them.

3) Numbers 2: The Chaos by Rachel Ward - I read Numbers last year, and loved it, but somehow this, the sequel, was better.  I loved the storylines of both the characters and liked how they intertwined at major moments, so this was a must for the list.

4) Looking For Alaska by John Green - This is my favourite John Green book that I have read so far (I have yet to read both Will Grayson, Will Grayson and An Abundance of Katherines).

5) Light By Michael Grant - I finally finished the Gone series very early this year, this being the first book I read in 2014, and, seeing as this is one of, if not my all time favourite series, so I had to put this one in.

6) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - I picked this up as a 'light summer read' and soon found out that there was a lot more to this book than I first thought.  I loved the style of writing and deep storyline, and this was definitely my favourite read from the summer.

7) City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - I know I'm a bit late to this series (I've still only read the first two!) but I'm loving the series so far, and this, the second book in the series, was my favourite out of the first two.

8) How They Met by David Levithan - This collection of short stories is one book which I keep coming back to whenever I want a short read, and I know it has and will keep me entertained, so I felt as though it deserved a place.

9) Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendrae Blake - I only finished this around a week ago, but I really enjoyed it, particularly the slight horror element, so I wanted to add in this one.

10) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - This is likely my favourite book that i have ever read, so I didn't really have a choice in putting this one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment